History The Alexandra Hospital dates back to 1870:
The local Council purchased two buildings for £2. They spent a further £ 50, converting an old hotel into a courthouse and the other section into a hospital.
1871:
In December 1871 Alexandra Cottage Hospital was incorporated and registered as a
Public Hospital.
1957:
A fire destroyed a major part of the hospital destroying all prior records.
1993:
A redevelopment was undertaken including a new urgent care and OT.
2004:
Cottage Hospital buildings were redeveloped at Alexandra and expanded into Eildon and Marysville.
2008:
Alexandra District Health was awarded the Rural Health Service of the Year.
2009:
Black Saturday bush fires.
2011:
Construction of the new hospital was completed in October.
2015:
18th of June the name was formerly changed from Alexandra District Hospital to Alexandra District Health – now it is more than just a hospital.
2019:
ADH became smoke free